Supavadee Aramvith received the B.S. (first class honors) degree in Computer Science from Mahidol University in 1993. She received the M.S. and Ph.D. degrees in Electrical Engineering from the University of Washington, Seattle, USA, in 1996 and 2001, respectively. She joined Chulalongkorn University in June 2001. Currently, she is an Associate Professor at the Department of Electrical Engineering with specialization in Video Signal Processing. She has successfully advised 9 Ph.D., and 27 Master’s graduates. She published 136 papers in International Journals and Conference Proceedings with 4 International Book Chapters. She has rich project management experiences as the project leader and technical advisors to the Thailand Government bodies in Telecommunications and ICT. She is very active in the international arena with leadership positions in international organizations such as JICA Project for AUN/SEED-Net, IEEE, IEICE, APSIPA, and ITU. She has received numerous domestic and international awards recognizing her outstanding performance.
My 25-year journey with IEEE started as a graduate student member. Over a decade, I have successfully spearheaded and delivered high impactful member engagement global and regional initiatives in various IEEE global boards & committees and have gained strong expertise and experience in managing global and regional IEEE programs.
I thus have the following qualifications within IEEE and outside IEEE that appropriately fit the post of Region 10 Director Elect.
- Over 13 years of experiences as IEEE volunteer for Section, Regional, and Global levels (2007-Present) on the leadership positions. Understanding the mission, goals and its direction of IEEE, MGA, EAB, TAB, IEEE Award Board, and IEEE Foundation. Have a sufficient knowledge of the working in Region 10. Experiences in Board level positions. Possess knowledge of the workings in IEEE across OUs.
- Over 19 years at Chulalongkorn University (No. 1 University in Thailand) with leadership role in international affairs with an involvement of Educational Activities Network in ASEAN called AUN/SEED-Net (ASEAN University Network/Southeast Asia Engineering Education Network) supported by JICA, Japan –www.seed-net.org. Experiences in the post of executive roles. Possess tight connection with many universities, executives, related government bodies in Thailand, ASEAN, and Japan.
- Experiences in working with International Organizations such as United Nations (UN) International Telecommunication Unions (ITU) with recent work on the Impact study on ICT4SDG – ICT-centric economy growth, innovation and job creation. Ability to establish linkages and partnerships between IEEE and International Organizations.
- Long years of experiences working with the Thailand Government – The National Telecommunications and Broadcasting Commissions (NBTC) and Ministry of Digital Economy and Society in technical advisory and large-scale project leader roles.
- Possess leadership quality, excellent interpersonal skills, ability to work seamlessly with multi-cultural environments, flexibility in time management and travel, genuine and passionate volunteer spirits, a globalized individual, and a willingness to serve.